1. Pahalgam And Gulmarg: For A Snowy Wintertime Look
The snowfall in Kashmir transforms the valley into a white sheet. The snowfall in Kashmir transforms the valley into a white sheet. It’s the best time to visit Gulmarg for snow because the scenery is out of a fairytale, and the houses are out of old granny stories. While the outside temperature continues to drop, tourists arrive in waves.
Once you have decided the best time to visit Jammu & Kashmir for snowfall, you will get the chance to witness the snow-covered forests of pines and sloping houses make for an idyllic scene. Large skiing scapes also entice adventurers to go to Pahalgam and Gulmarg, two of India's best destinations, to enjoy snowfall by availing of Pahalgam tour packages.
- Temperature: three degrees Celsius on average
- Key Attractions: In the Gulmarg tour package and Pahalgam holiday packages, you will experience Pahalgam's oldest park - Club Park; Lidder Valley, Aru Village; Betaab Valley; the camping spot; and the breathtaking panoramas of Apharwat Peak.
- Adventure Sports and Seasonal Activities: During the best time to visit Jammu Kashmir for snowfall, you can ride the Gulmarg Gondola, play golf at Gulmarg Golf Course, relax at The Khyber Spa, and ski to your heart's delight at Gulmarg Ski Resort. You will get to do all of it in the Kashmir tour packages. You can also book Pahalgam travel packages to explore this place separately.
- How to get there: The nearest airport is Srinagar Airport, which is 1 hour and 40 minutes away from Gulmarg. Furthermore, it is more than two hours' travel from Pahalgam. The nearest railway station is Jammu, around 10 hours travel from Gulmarg and 8 hours drive from Pahalgam.
- Food or Cuisine to Try: Kashmiri Cuisine Urdu is the language of communication.
- Best time to visit: The best time to visit Kashmir for snowfall is October through February is the best time to visit.
You can also Book - Udaipur 3 night 4 day packages
2. Sonamarg: Ideal For Both Families And Couples
Sonmarg is a small town in Kashmir located 9,000 metres above sea level on the banks of the raging Sindh River. It is one of the greatest snowfall tourist places in India. This wonderful town is located in Jammu & Kashmir Ganderbal district, about 70 km from Srinagar International Airport. You can also book Srinagar tour packages if you want to explore nearby locations of Srinagar.
The valley connects a variety of Himalayan peaks, including Amarnath Peak, Sirbal Peak, Kolahoi Peak, and others. The picturesque vista becomes even more appealing with a wide variety of wildflowers and alpine trees decorating this little village. You can book the cheapest tour packages for Kashmir for the smoothest journey if you want a hassle-free option.
You may enjoy golden meadows, sun-kissed summits, stunning lakes, and majestic glaciers in a single location. This lovely Himalayan hamlet is surrounded by ranges of mountains and valleys that can be explored by trekking. Known as one of the best snowfall places in India in December, it serves as a base camp for hikers heading to Ladakh and many hiking routes to Kashmir's various lakes, including Gadsar Lake, Krishnasar Lake, Vishansar Lake, and others. During the winter, the snow-covered valley allows tourists to enjoy skiing, sledging, and snow-battling.
If you are from Hyderabad escape to paradise with our exclusive Kashmir tour packages from Hyderabad. Immerse yourself in breathtaking landscapes, serene Dal Lake, and timeless culture. Your dream Kashmir getaway awaits!
- Temperature: zero degree Celsius on average
- Key Attractions: Yusmarg, Gangabal Lake, a popular picnic place, Baltal Valley, and the Kheer Bhawani Temple.
- Winter Activities & Outdoor Sports: Visit the Thajiwas Glacier and Zojila Pass, hike via the Satsaran Pass, and stroll around the royal garden of Chashma-e-Shahi.
- How to get there: The nearest airport is Srinagar International Airport, which is approximately 2 hours and 20 minutes away by car. The closest train station is Srinagar, about a two-hour drive from Sonamarg.
- Things to Do: Take the breathtaking vistas, visit the beautiful Kheer Bhawani temple, and explore Gangabal Lake.
- Must-try food: Syoon Olav's Must-Try Cuisine or Food
- Best time to visit: February through May is the best time to visit Sonamarg for snowfall.
3. Patnitop: A Destination For Religious Visitors
The huge stretches of orchards of apples and mighty-high oaks make Patnitop an unforgettable site to experience snow in India, particularly with shimmering white snow sprinkled over everything. This location's beauty is so enticing that visitors come everywhere, even during winter. Escape to paradise with our exclusive Kashmir tour packages from Chennai.
Immerse in breathtaking landscapes, serene lakes, and cultural richness. Let us craft your perfect journey to Kashmir's enchanting beauty. Being one of the leading snowfall places in India in December, Patnitop’s beauty is so enticing that visitors come everywhere, even during winter.
If you are from Bangalore escape to paradise with exclusive Kashmir tour packages from Bangalore. Immerse in breathtaking landscapes, experience local culture and create unforgettable memories. Your dream Kashmir getaway starts here.
- Temperature: five degrees Celsius on average
- Major Attractions: Beautiful orchards of apples and hiking circuits like Sundrani-Jungle and Patnitop-Gaurikund, Manali, Sudmahadev, Latti-Dhuna, Jammu-Katra-Vaishno Devi, Patnitop-Sanasar, Gali-Jasarkote-Sanasar, and Kud-Sanasar.
- Winter Recreation and Adventure Sports: Golfing at Sanasar's 9-hole golf course, skiing at Madhatop, paragliding at NathaTop-Kud or Sanasar-Kud, rock climbing in Kud, and having an outdoor meal with your family and friends in Madhatop, Sanasar, or Kud.
- How to get there: The closest airport is Jammu Airport, which is 3 hours away. The nearest railway station is Udhampur, more than an hour's drive away.
- Things To Do: Try trekking, rock climbing, or hiking. The elevation is 2,024 metres.
- Food or Cuisine to Try: Kashmiri Cuisine
- Best time to visit: January through March is the best time to visit Patnitop for snowfall.
Read More - 30 Best Places to Visit During Monsoon in India
4. Ladakh: For Beautiful Landscape
Ladakh, the former Buddhist kingdom, is breathtakingly beautiful and also one of the best places for snowfall in India. Arid terrain, spectacularly topped granite outcrops, scenic gompas, meditational main walls, and multi-coloured flags are just a few of the sights that highlight Ladakh's grandeur. Ladakh's harmonious traditional society has plenty to offer Western nations regarding environmental consciousness.
Ladakh is a stunning and untouched Himalayan wilderness. It is a paradise for everyone looking to satisfy their insatiable thirst for adventure.
Ladakh, located at a height of 2750 - 7672 metres above sea level, has a spectacular landscape that includes steep terrains, high-altitude peaks, and lush green pastures. You can enjoy all of it with Ladakh tour packages. Ladakh attracts adventure seekers worldwide due to the abundance of hike tracks and hiking alternatives included in Ladakh trip packages.
Winter in Ladakh is an altogether other experience. The region is blanketed with snow, and November to January is bitterly cold. The lake is frozen and will stay that way until April. The Zanskar River also freezes, providing adventurers with an unforgettable Chadar Trek. Due to such reasons, it’s viewed as a well-known snowfall area in India among all tourists and travellers.
- Temperature: -10 degree Celsius on average
- Key Attractions: The Pangong Lake (Frozen), BongBong La Snow Valley, and the Ladakhi Losar. You can witness all of it if you opt for a Ladakh holiday package.
- Winter Recreation and Adventure Sports: Staying in conventional Ladakhi residences, Chadar Trekking, and participating in Ladaki winter celebrations.
- How to get there: The nearest airport is Leh. The nearest train station is Jammu Tawi.
- Things To Do: Activities include hiking, biking, and skiing.
- Food or Cuisine to Try: Chutagi is a must-try food or cuisine.
- Best time to visit: April to July is the best time to visit Leh Ladakh for snowfall.
Read More - Top Places To Visit In Rajasthan in 3 Days
5. Nainital: For Spectacular Views
Nainital, a hill tourist town in the same district, gets its title from the green, glazed, eye-shaped lake (Tal) around the town. P. Baron, a British sugar trader, established the place in 1841. There is no better place to escape the rush and hustle of the cities. Book the Best Nainital Tour packages will help you with that as it's also one of the best places to see snowfall in India. You approach a new, parallel world when you reach the Nainital district.
The transition to the picturesque beauty of the attractions is a delight to the senses, a particular balming ecstasy of a sensation that one can only appreciate via live encounters with the greatest tourist spots to visit in Nainital.
Tourists throng here in the summertime to soak up the pleasant climate and in winter to feel the icy cold throughout the snowfall months, despite being only 300 kilometres from Delhi.
- Temperature: six degrees Celsius on average
- Key Attractions: Lake trip of the famed Nainital - the Indian equivalent of the Lake District in London; Nainital Zoo - where you may also view snow leopards. Visit all of these with the Nainital holiday package.
- Winter Activities: Enjoy the tikki, golgappe, and chaat at Nainital's version of Chandni Chowk; relax your energetic spirit with a bit of caving and gigantic maze solving at Cave Garden; explore at the Tibetan marketplace; and walk to China Peak, the top point in the Nainital region.
- How to get there: The nearest airport is Pantnagar Airport, located 1 hour and 40 minutes away by car. The closest train station is Kathgodam, which is almost an hour away. A Nainital travel package will help you to get there smoothly.
- Things to Do: Visit the Nainital Zoo and go trekking.
- Must-try food: Ras is a must-try dish.
- Best time to visit: October through February is the best time to visit Nainital for snowfall.
6. Auli: For Snowboarding And Skiing
Auli is a mountain station in the Garhwal area of Uttarakhand, India. The qualities of its terrain have correctly given it the name Auli, which means "meadows." The mountain town is on slopes and has long stretches of visually appealing meadows. Witness all of it with the Auli Tour Packages. Auli is where the natural world comes to life in splendour and magnificence. It is abundant in resources of nature and gives a breathtaking view of the adjacent hills.
The hill station has flowers and trees like oak, coniferous, deodar, and pine woods. The cliffs here, up to 9000 feet above sea level, provide breathtaking views of the neighbouring Himalayan peaks, including Kamet, Dunagiri, Nanda Devi, and Mana Parvat. There are several attractions at the hilltop station. The ropeway is the most renowned among tourists. It is the highest and longest in India and Asia, providing breathtaking Himalayan range vistas.
- Temperature: -2 degrees Celsius on average
- Key attractions: The breathtaking 180-degree panorama of the Nanda Devi range and the fact that it is one of the globe's highest ski resorts are the primary attractions. The Auli tour package will take you to all the places.
- Winter Recreation and Adventure Sports: Rest in the flower-filled meadows; ride the cable car; travel to the adjacent area for the best panorama vistas; and ski on the wintertime trip to Auli.
- How to get there: The closest airport is Jolly Grant Airport in Dehradun, 5 hours away. The closest train station is Rishikesh, which is only a 5-hour drive away. If you need a hassle-free option, opt for an Auli holiday package.
- Things to do: Activities include walking, skiing, and relaxing among the beautiful foliage and freshly blooming flowers.
- Must-try food: Garhwali Cuisine is a must-try food or cuisine.
- Best Time to Visit: Auli Uttarakhand snowfall time is from November to March.
7. Munsiyari: A Lesser-Known Hill Station
Munsiyari, situated in the easternmost section of Uttarakhand, is a charming hamlet known as Little Kashmir. It is also one of India's best places for snowfall, with some of the most breathtaking Himalayan views.
Munsiyari is also the starting point for three gorgeous Himalayan glaciers, the Milam, Namik, and Ralam Glaciers, and has magnificent snowfall in the winter. Here, you can see deep evergreen forests dusted with pearl-white snow particles.
If you desire solitude and tranquillity, this is not a popular destination. Munsiyari, with its lush greenery and pearl-white dust of snow, is a great site to witness snowfall in India. Munsiyari is one of India's unfamiliar hill stations with snowfall.
- Temperature: five degrees Celsius on average
- Key Attractions: Unusual Maheshwari Kund, rumoured to be Yaksha's property, Panchchuli's towering peaks, Betulidhar's Rhododendron Garden, and Birthi Falls.
- Adventure Sports and Activities: Try some adventurous snow sports, walk to Khaliya Top, and unwind by the side of Thamari Kund.
- How to get there: The nearest airport is Pantnagar Airport, which is seven hours away. The nearest railway station is Kathgodam Train Station, which is around 4 hours and 30 minutes away by car.
- Things to do: Activities include walking, skiing, and touring the Rhododendron Garden.
- Must-try food: Kumaoni Cuisine is a must-try food or cuisine.
- Best Time to Visit: Throughout the Year
Read More - Rainy Season Places to visit In Maharashtra
8. Dhanaulti: An Adventurer's Dream
Dhanaulti is a quiet little village on the Chamba-Mussoorie route that sits at a stunning 2,250 metres higher than the sea level. It is one of the best snowfall places in India. Because of Dhanaulti's height, you may enjoy beautiful views of the encircling Himalayas from any position, and the temperature is almost always favourable. Virgin forests with majestic oaks, deodars, and rhododendrons characterise the terrain. A brief stroll from the town core will take you to charming meadows, lush woods, and flowing streams.
Snowfall at Dhanaulti provides a wide range of recreational opportunities. Until you notice it's all white. Dhanaulti, billed as one of India's favourite picnic destinations and snow-covered locations during the winter, is a place that will keep you on your feet at all times.
- Temperature: Six to seven degrees Celsius on average
- Key Attractions: Snow-covered trees, mountains, and roads are breathtaking; enjoy snowboarding, mountain cycling, and snow-fighting; and relax in exquisite hideaway resorts.
- Winter Recreation and Adventure: Mountain biking, rappelling, and climbing mountains are all fun sports to try here.
- How to get there: The closest airport is Jolly Grant Airport in Dehradun, approximately 2 hours and 30 minutes away. The closest train station is Dehradun Railway Station, about 2 hours away by car.
- Things to do: Activities include snowboarding, playing in the snow, and skiing.
- Must-try food: Tibetan cuisine is a must-try.
- Best time to visit: September through June is the best time.
Read More - 30 Best Places For River Rafting in India
9. Almora: A Captivating Hill Station
If you want a fantastic escape from your frantic, hectic schedule, head to Almora. Almora is a gorgeous hill station in the heart of nature with abundant foliage in the divinely gorgeous state of Uttarakhand and one of the best places to see snowfall in India. Almora, located in the Kumaon area of the Himalayas, is proud of its natural beauty. Nanda Devi, commonly called the Town of Temples, is a prominent Hindu Temple in the middle of the town.
Almora is a lesser-known place on the list of snowfall sites in India because it is not a famous tourist attraction. The selling qualities are the wide scenery, snow dusting, and adorable small cottages. It's time to unwind in the heart of Uttarakhand.
- Temperature: 7 degrees Celsius on average
- Key attractions: Highlights include the folk-art sculptures, meticulous artistry at Nanda Devi Temple, and the breathtaking sunsets and sunrises at Bright End Corner.
- Winter Recreation and Adventure Sports: Reunite with your soul by volunteering at Panchachuli Weavers Factory; take a cup of Tea at Bansal Cafe; have a meal in Martola's gorgeous vegetation; and pay your respects to the Hindu deity Kali at Kalimuthu.
- How to get there: The nearest airport is Pantnagar Airport, which is approximately 3 hours and 20 minutes away. The closest train station is Kathgodam Train Station, which is approximately 2 hours away by car.
- Things to do: Skiing, Hiking, and snowboarding are all options.
- Must-try food: Dubuk is a must-try food or cuisine.
- Best time to visit: August to November is the best time.
10. Chopta: A Place For Adventure Lovers
Just like December to February is the best time to visit Mussoorie to see snowfall, Chopta is a wonderful place in India to view snow from November to March. Chopta, a trekker's heaven in Uttarakhand, is one of India's top snowfall locations. You can opt for the Uttarakhand tour packages to get there. It is the base camp for various treks, including Deoria Tal, Tunganath, and Chandrashila, and provides some of the most magnificent snowfall views. Chopta can be a unique choice for you and is also popular among places to celebrate New Year in India.
November to March is also the season for snow trekking, though the renowned Deoriatal Chandrashila Snow Trek remains closed during the winter. If you're seeking one of the top snow spots in India, come here.
- Temperature: three degrees Celsius on average
- Key Attractions: Chandrashilla summit, Chopta resembles a miniature Switzerland coated with snow.
- Winter Recreation and Adventure sports: Camping, skiing, winter trekking, and rock climbing are all sports. You will experience all of it by getting a Uttarakhand trip package.
- How to get there: The closest airport is Jolly Grant Airport, 226 km away. The closest rail stop is Haridwar, which is 230 km away.
- Things to Do: Take in the breathtaking scenery, play in snowy terrain, and snowboard.
- Must-try food: Aaloo ke Gutke is a must-try food or cuisine.
- Best time to visit: Compared to the best time to visit Mussoorie for snowfall, you should visit Chopta between March to May is the best time.
Read More - 30 Famous Temples In South India
11. Shimla and Kufri: India's Most Popular Hill Stations
Shimla and Kufri have world-renowned snowfalls. Every year, a diverse range of tourists and wildlife enthusiasts converge at this location. Despite its commercialisation, even in the dead of winter, it remains the ideal escape for friends, families, and couples. The Shimla tour package 2 nights 3 days for couples is the most popular package among newly married couples.
- Temperature: Seven degrees Celsius on average
- Key Attractions: Visit The Himalayan Nature Park at Kufri, Kufri's much quieter streets, and Adventure Park at Kufri with a Shimla holiday package.
- Winter Recreation And Adventurous Sports: Skiing on Kufri and Shimla hills; skiing, ice skating, river rafting, trekking, and snowball fights; and shopping for souvenirs on Mall Road
- How to get there: Nearby airport is Chandigarh Airport, 2 hours 30 minutes from Shimla and approximately 4 hours from Kufri. The nearest train station is Shimla Train Station, located in the city about an hour from Kufri. The Shimla tour packages providers will arrange all of it on your behalf of you.
- Things to do: Activities Include enjoying the snowfall, climbing, and hiking.
- Must-try food: Meethe Chawal is a must-try food or cuisine.
- Best time to visit: Best time to visit Shimla for snowfall is March to June.
12. Manali: Finest Around The New Year
Manali, located in the phenomenal Himalayas, boasts a plethora of gorgeous valleys filled with woods of oak, deodar, fir, and pine. It includes nature, cuisine, adventure sports, and ancient heritage. You can opt for a Manali holiday package for an unparalleled experience. The Beas River splashes brightly through the valley. If you are a newly married couple then you can go for the popular Manali 2 nights 3 days package.
For the best time to visit Kullu Manali for snowfall, you will also get to witness many flowing waterfalls, such as Rahala and Jogni, flow from haphazardly positioned rocks. There are also views of lush meadows, terraced farmland, and orchards full of fruit. All of these views combine to make the town appear breathtakingly gorgeous. If you are from Bangalore and want to explore the beautiful Manali snowfall view then you can book Manali packages from Bangalore.
Manali also has a portion of history, with ancient heritages, magnificent architecture, and breathtaking scenery. You can witness all of it with the help of Best Manali tour packages. During the best month to visit Manali for snow, all religious enthusiasts gather here to express their respects to temples such as Manu, Hadimba, and Shiv. History buffs visit old forts such as Kuthar and Naggar. These locations offer spectacular architecture against mountains and are well worth visiting.
- Temperature: 2 degrees Celsius on average
- Key Attractions: Old Manali, Naggar Castle, and the Rohtang Pass.
- Adventure Sports and Winter Activities: Snowboarding in Rohtang; hand gliding, skydiving, paragliding, and Solang Valley; and Club House leisure activities
- How to get there: The closest airport is Kullu Manali Airport, around an hour away. The closest train stop is Joginder Nagar Railway Station, about 4 hours away.
- Things to do: While residing at the best hotel in Manali for snowfall, you will also get to take part in activities such as trekking, mountain riding, and hiking, as well as taking in the snowfall.
- Must-try food: Mittha is a must-try food or cuisine.
- Best time to visit: The best time to visit Manali for snowfall is October through February.
Read More - Kerala Tourism: Why Is It So Famous?
13. Dalhousie: A Non-Touristy Trip
Doesn't this image remind you of the episode from The Chronicles of Narnia? Prepare for snowfall in Dalhousie, embellished with lofty street lamps, massive trees, and charming pathways. Dalhousie is unquestionably an outstanding location for snowfall in India in December or any other winter month.
- Temperature: Six degrees Celsius on average
- Key Attractions: Enchanting boat trips in lakes; Chamera Lake and Ganji Pahari with Dalhousie tour packages.
- Winter Activities & Outdoor Sports: Try trekking, paragliding, outdoor camping, hiking, and horseback riding with your travel agent to spice up your vacation.
- How to get there: Pathankot Airport is 2 hours and 20 minutes away by car, but it only connects to New Delhi. The next nearest airport, Gaggal Airport, is approximately 2 hours and 40 minutes away. The nearest train station is Pathankot, which is 2 hours and 10 minutes away.
- Things to do: Exploring the Chamera Dam and the Wildlife Sanctuary Park.
- Must-try food: Pahari Cuisine is a must-try food or cuisine.
- Best time to visit: March to May is the best time to visit Dalhousie for snowfall.
Read More - What Are The Tourist Attractions In Maldives?
14. Khajjiar: Photographic Postcard Landscape
For people who adore snow, Khajjiar is an ideal winter getaway with a Himachal tour package. Winter lasts from November to March; the area is blanketed in snow when the temperature dips below zero. Khajjiar, a wonderful Winterland, appears stunning throughout the winter, making it one of India's top snowfall locations.
- Temperature: ten degrees Celsius on average
- Key Attractions: Attractions include the Dhauladhar mountain and snow-covered valleys.
- Winter sports and activities: tube skiing, river crossings, paragliding, and snow skating. You can experience the best of it with the Himachal trip package.
- How to get there: The closest airport is Gaggal Airport in Dharamshala, 120 km away. Pathankot Train Station, which is approximately 118 km away, is the nearest train stop.
- Things to do: Visit the animal refuge and tour the captivating scenery.
- Must-try food: Himachali Cuisine is a must-try food or cuisine.
- Best time to visit: November through March is the best time to visit Himachal Pradesh for snow.
15. Katao: A Stunning Sikkim Snowfall Location
The eastern part of India and its beautiful hill stations are unspoiled and undisturbed playgrounds for environment enthusiasts and fans of natural landscapes. It is one of the best snowfall places in India, but the scenery is just as beautiful and clean. Darjeeling and Sikkim represent two of the most popular vacation spots in India's northern region, with some well-explored villages that look especially gorgeous in the winter.
Katao, the North-East's secret jewel, is full of falling slopes, white loveliness, and a stunning combination of sceneries. Lachung is the ideal site to watch snowfall in India in October, combined with mountains, valleys, and rivers to round off the experience.
- Temperature: -7 degrees Celsius on average
- Key Attractions: Lachung and Lachen Monastery; grazing cattle in Yumthang meadows; and the splendour of Zero Point or Yumesamdong
- Winter Recreation and Adventure Sports: Listen to the calming murmurs of Seven Sisters' Falls; bask in the charm of Hot Water Spring; stroll around Gurudongmar Lake; and hike to Thangu.
- How to get there: The closest Airport is Bagdogra Airport, approximately 6 hours' drive away. The closest train station is New Jalpaiguri Train Station, which is approximately 5 hours away by car.
- Things to do: Activities in Thangu Valley include snowboarding, hiking, skiing, and trekking.
- Must-try food: Phagshapa is a must-try food or cuisine.
- Best time to visit: March to June is the best time.
Read More - 30 Best Places to Visit in September in India
16. Tawang: A Scenic Gem In Arunachal Pradesh
Do you want to visit the highland state of Arunachal Pradesh? If so, Tawang is an excellent choice. Tawang, located at an elevation of 3048 metres in the majestic Himalayas, is recognised for its stunning scenery, waterfalls, and religious significance. The Tawang tour packages will guide you throughout the tour.
Whether you wish to enjoy the beauty of nature or learn about the rich history of the northeast, the town provides plenty for everyone. The charming hill resort is also well-known for its numerous Buddhist temples, attracting visitors yearly. Tawang's tourist attractions span from the mesmerising Gudpi hills to the ethereal Madhuri Lake and Tawang Valley.
- Temperature: zero degrees Celsius on average
- Key attractions: Attend colourful festivals such as Lhabab Duechen, Gaden Namchoe, and Dukpa Tse She against the immaculate white landscape of snowy Tawang, the Tawang War Memorial, and Tawang monasteries.
- Winter Recreation & Adventure Sports: Hike via the Sela Pass, admire the rushing Nuranang Falls, and stand before Madhuri Lake.
- How to get there: Salonibari Airport, located approximately 6 hours distant, is the nearest airport. Tezpur Train Station is the nearest railway station. The Tawang holiday package will make your journey easy by booking everything in advance.
- Things to do: Activities include meditation at Taktsang Gompa, hiking at Gorichen Peak, and shopping at the Tibetan Community Market.
- Must-try food: Thukpa is a must-try food or cuisine.
- Best time to visit: March to October is the best time.
17. Darjeeling: The Beautiful Hill Station
This north east tour package makes visiting northeast India straightforward and exciting. Darjeeling is rightfully known as "The Queen of Hills." This historic summer capital of West Bengal, India, is nestled in nature at an elevation of around 6,700 feet, with breathtaking Himalayan peaks in the background. This northeast trip package is great for experiencing Darjeeling's incomparable beauty.
- Temperature: about five degrees Celsius on average
- Key Attractions: The main attraction of Darjeeling Tour Packages is the breathtaking sunset atop Tiger Hill and the pleasure ride on the legendary 'Darjeeling Himalayan Rail'.
- Winter Recreation And Adventure Sports: Visit the zoo to see red pandas, snow leopards, and Tibetan wolves; sip your favourite Darjeeling tea; and admire beautiful monasteries.
- How to get there: The closest major airport is Bagdogra Airport, which is approximately 2.5 hours away by car. The nearest train station is 2 hours drive away, at New Jalpaiguri.
- Things to do: Visit the tea garden, watch how to prepare Darjeeling tea, and attend tea courses.
- Must-try food: Churpee is a must-try food or cuisine.
- Best time to visit: April to June is the best time to visit Darjeeling snowfall.
18. North Sikkim: One of the Most Serene Snow Lovers' Dream
North Sikkim provides an exceptional winter experience because most of the land is blanketed in a layer of snow, making it one of the top snowfall sites in India. Witness it with the help of the Best Sikkim Tour Packages.
During the best time to see snow in Gangtok, you will get to check out numerous lakes and falls that transform into a magnificent environment after a winter. North Sikkim, nestled within the Himalayan mountains, offers a variety of tourist destinations to visit. You can opt for a Sikkim holiday package for a wholesome experience.
- Temperature: five degrees Celsius on average
- Key Attractions: Highlights include Khangchendzonga National Park, Lachung, Lachen, and Yumthang.
- Winter recreation and adventure sports: trekking to Dzongri La, walking over frozen Tsomgo Lake, and snowboarding in Yumthang Valley.
- How to get there: Bagdogra Airport is the closest airport to North Sikkim. The closest railheads are Jalpaiguri and Siliguri.
- Things to do: Visit the Phodong Monastery and explore the Gurudongmar Lake. The Sikkim trip package will navigate you and provide you with the best experience.
- Must-try food: Chaang is a must-try food or cuisine.
- Best time to visit: May through September is the best time.
19. Lava: Attracts Nature Lovers and Trekkers
Lava offers nothing less of a winter wonderland, lined with tall trees clothed with fresh snow, and is one of the best snowfall places in India. Aside from that, you get a spectacular view of Mt. Kanchenjunga, which is an attraction for trekkers and environment lovers. You might also see a variety of gorgeous birds.
- Temperature: about five degrees Celsius on average
- Key Attractions: Neora Valley National Park, Lava View Point, Ramitey Dara View Point, Kagyu Thekchen Ling Monastery, and Rachela Pass.
- Winter Recreation & Adventure Sports: Take a canopy walk, travel to the Rachela Pass and Samthar Plateau, or engage in rock climbing, mountain biking, and archery in Pedong.
- How to get there: Bagdogra International Airport is the nearest. The nearest train stations are Siliguri and New Jalpaiguri.
- Things to do: Explore the Neora Valley National Park and spend a few days in Rishyap.
- Must-try food: Momo is a must-try food or cuisine.
- Best time to visit: October through February is the best time.
20. Lambasingi: The Incredible Wonder Of Andhra Pradesh
Lambasingi is a surprise on the list of snowy destinations in India. However, it is incredibly beautiful and serene during the colder months, especially when it snows. It's not something that happens each winter, but when it does, the stunning scenery will leave you dumbfounded.
- Temperature: about five degrees Celsius on average
- Key Attractions: Hope Island, The Kothapally waterfalls, Buddha's World at Bojjannakonda, and the Annavaram Temple.
- Winter Recreation & Adventure Sports: Immerse yourself in the environment at Kondakarla Bird Sanctuary and Tyda Jungle Bells Park.
- How to get there: The nearest airport is Visakhapatnam Airport, which is approximately 2 hours away. The nearest railway station is Chintapalli Train Station, about a half-hour drive away.
- Things to do: Enjoy the Kothapalli Waterfalls, explore the Susan Garden, and stroll down the Ghat Road.
- Must-try food: Bongulo Chicken is a must-try food or cuisine.
- Best time to visit: November through January is the best time.
Read More - 15 Famous Goa Tourist Places To Visit In 2023
Choose the Best Trip Planner India
Trip Planners India is an extremely popular choice for tourists looking for a faultless and spectacular experience, especially when visiting places to observe the best snowfall places in India and viewing breathtaking vistas of the neighbouring Himalayan peaks. Trip Planners India, an extensive travel directory provides the best packages in India, ensuring you the advantage of organising vacation packages for the best snowy places within the country.
You can tailor your holiday package with their assistance to include the absolute Tranquil Paradise of Snowland, ensuring that you make the most of your time and enjoy every part of this tour. To know when is the best time to visit Gangtok for snowfall or any other location, speak to the experts at Trip Planners India.
Read More - Honeymoon In Manali: A 2023 Travel Guide
If you're seeking snowfall places in India, these represent some of the greatest. They've been divided into the east, north, south, and west sections to make it easier for you to organise your trip through Travel Planner India. Combining two locations to enjoy the Kausani snowfall time on both on one trip is also feasible. But regardless of the reason, these are five of India's best snow resorts.
Read More - 15 Best Places To Visit In Summer In India
1. Which city in India has the maximum snow?
Meteorological circumstances determine the title of the snowiest city and can change from year to year. Ladakh, Pahalgam & Gulmarg, Sonamarg, Auli, Dhanaulti, Munsiyari, Dalhousie, Shimla, Chopta, Kufri, and Khajjiar, on the other hand, receive enough snowfall.
2. Is it possible to get snow in autumn?
Snowfall is likely for specific hill stations throughout the autumn months. Snowfall, especially the Gangtok snowfall time, is generally always expected during winter, although some states of Uttarakhand and Himachal Pradesh have experienced unusual snowfall before September 3. Is there snow in Nainital?
3. Is it possible to get snow in Nainital?
Snowfall in Nainital is possible in January. In December and January, the temperature is extremely cold. People living on the plains travel from the end of December to the beginning of January to see the snowfall.