1. Thajiwas Glacier, Jammu & Kashmir
As you travel through this winter paradise, see the beginning of snowing in Kashmir in December. Sonamarg's temperature drops to sub-zero levels throughout this month, making it one of the best places to visit in December in India. Discover Thajiwas Glacier in Kashmir with the cheapest tour packages for Kashmir. Experience guided treks, accommodation, meals, and transportation to this breathtaking destination and more.
- Places To Visit: Visit the unknown Thajiwas glacier, which is about 7 kilometres away. The best activities in December here are sledge rides, skiing and snowboarding. At one of the top spots to check out in December in India, wear a red Santa Claus outfit and get onto a sledge.
- Things To Do: Sledding, building snowmen and snow castles, buying shawls, handmade items, carpets, other woollens, stone-carved jewellery from Sonmarg Market, nature photography, and hiking.
- How to Get There: After driving to Sonmarg from Srinagar, hike all along the path up to the glacier or rent a pony to get there.
2. Manali, Himachal Pradesh
Manali, located amid the majestic snow-capped peaks of the Pir Panjal and Dhauladhar ranges, is a breathtaking Himachal Pradesh attraction. The natural splendour of this tranquil hill station has captivated travellers for years and continues to do so; winter is when it is at its best. Manali holiday packages will help you to get there hassle-free.
If you are a Bangalore citizen and planning to Explore the mesmerizing beauty of Manali then you can also apply special Manali packages from Bangalore.
Manali is a wonderful destination for travel enthusiasts, with historic temples and gorgeous valleys. However, it is also well known for hosting some spectacular hiking adventures. You can opt for the best Manali tour packages if you are a travel enthusiast.
- Places to visit: Visit Manu Temple, Hadimba Temple, Solang Valley, Vashisht Hot Water Springs, Arjun Gufa, Nehru Kund, and the Museum of Himachal Heritage and Traditional Art in Manali.
- Things to do: Visit Raha and Jogini Falls, see snowfall, tour the Manali Sanctuary, trek to Beas Kund, and visit Naggar Village.
- How to Get There: The nearest airport is 50 kilometres from Manali at Bhuntar, which has direct flights to Chandigarh, Delhi, and Shimla. Pathankot, 285 kilometres from Manali, has the nearest railway station. One may hire private taxis or public buses from both locations to Manali.
Read More - Honeymoon In Manali: A 2023 Travel Guide
3. Dalhousie, Himachal Pradesh
Dalhousie would be a great destination to harmonise your soul if you are searching for a tranquil and calm environment. The abundance of lush meadows with a mesmerising blend of pine and fir trees will stimulate your senses and soul for an unforgettable encounter. Dalhousie tour packages will help you to experience all of these. This breathtaking hill station is great for getaways for families or romantic honeymoons.
This beautiful winter attraction transforms into a ramp open to the chilling weather with a panorama of the snow-covered mountains. Furthermore, all trekking lovers must travel to Dalhousie in December to participate in the National Himalayan Winter Trekking Expedition.
- Places to visit: Must-see attractions include Kalatop Wildlife Reserve, Khajjiar, Peak, and St. Francis Catholic Church.
- Things to Do: Khajjiar - Paragliding, Panch Pulla - Enjoy the Magic of Silent Woods, Chamera Lake - Boating, Take a dip in the Satdhara Falls, Dainkund Peak - Picturesque Hike
- How to Get There: The closest airport to Dalhousie is Gaggal, which is about 13 kilometres away, and the closest train station is Pathankot, which is approximately 80 kilometres away. To get to Dalhousie from the railway station, airport, or other locations, use a local bus, a private cab, or a luxury coach.
4. Shimla, Himachal Pradesh
Shimla referred to as the "Queen of Hills," is recognised for its magnificent landscape of lush greenery, snow-capped mountains, and its cosy climate. Who would not want to visit this magnificent hill station? One can visit at any point of the year, but December is appealing because Shimla receives a lot of snowfall this month, especially around Christmas Eve. Shimla remains one of the most popular spots to visit in India in December if you'd like to enjoy snowfall and ice skating. You can explore Shimla with the best-crafted Shimla Tour Packages.
Shimla, nestled in the Himalayas, is one of the 30 Best Places To Visit In Winter In India Its snow-covered landscapes, Victorian architecture, and Mall Road's festive charm make it a winter wonderland.
- Places to visit: Indian Institute of Advanced Studies, Annandale, Summer Hills, and Jakhoo Hill are all worth seeing.
- Things to Do: Take a Toy Train ride through the Green Hills, trek to the top of the Jakhu Temple, camp amidst the woods, and ice skating.
- How to Get There: Shimla is home to Jubbarhatti Airport, which is around 20 kilometres from the centre of the town and is connected with major cities like Chandigarh and New Delhi. The closest train station is Kalka, around 96 kilometres from the city. To get to Shimla, one can take a private cab or a community bus that travels often from the airport and train station.
Also Book: Romantic Jammu Kashmir Honeymoon Package
5. Auli, Uttarakhand
The snow-capped peaks of Mana Parbat, Neelkant, and Nanda Devi provide a breathtaking panoramic picture of the highlands that will frost your toes, especially during the Christmas season. Want to learn to ski in one of the top skiing destinations? Then, you should include Auli in your bucket list of locations to visit with the Auli tour packages.
It is now time to begin learning about this fascinating adventure sport. If skiing is your cup of tea, you have to go to the National Skiing Championships in Auli in February.
- Places to visit: Auli attractions include Trishul Peak, Chenab Lake, Gurso Bugyal, and Nand Prayag.
- Things to do: Activities include skiing, Auli Gorson Trekking, camping, and a cable car ride.
- How to Get There: After arriving in Rishikesh by bus from Delhi, take a shared vehicle or a private cab to Joshimath. Auli Travel Package will arrange everything so you can experience a comfortable journey. From Joshimath, you may continue your journey by road in a taxi or take the cable car, which travels from Joshimath to Auli and provides breathtaking views. The closest airport is Dehradun's Jolly Grant Airport.
Read More - 30 Best Places to Visit in November in India
6. Chopta, Uttarakhand
Chopta, one of the greatest places for a trip in India during the winter, gives a panoramic view of the snow-covered Trishul, Nanda Devi, and Chaukhamba. The air in Chopta exudes a sense of freshness and beauty. It is not only a terrific place to witness mesmerising snowfall, but it is also an excellent trekking location for adventure seekers. If you have decided to visit there in the coming December, Uttarakhand trip packages can be a good option.
- Places to visit: Visit Deoria Tal, Rohini Bugyal, Tungnath, and Omkar Ratneshwar Mahadev. You can include the Uttarakhand tour packages in your itinerary, as it will cover all these locations.
- Things to do: Attractions include the Baniyakund, the Chandrashila Trek, the Tungnath Trek, and the Kanchula Korak Musk Deer Sanctuary.
- How to Get There: Chopta has a conveniently linked route system that enables taxis, buses, and private cars to access the hill resort easily. Jolly Grant Airport is the closest airport, while Haridwar Train Station is the closest train station.
Read More - 30 Best Places To Visit In October In India
7. Leh, Ladakh
Ladakh, one of the Best Places to Visit in India, boasts breathtaking landscapes, serene monasteries, and thrilling adventures. A must for any traveller before turning 30.
The stunning blue ice and mountains in the background will amaze you. The only ice trekking in India is spectacular! The Chadar trek's dramatic experiences combine with -14 degrees Celsius temperatures. Other fantastic hikes besides Chadar are the Sham trek, the Liker to Khaltse trek, and the Samboo to Khalsar trek. If you are a passionate trekker, you can avail yourself of the Best Leh Ladakh tour package.
- Places to visit: Pangong Tso Lake, Zanskar Valley, Magnetic Hill, Royal Leh Palace, Shanti Stupa, and Stakna Monastery in Leh.
- How to go There: The quickest and easiest way to go to Leh Ladakh is by flight. Kushok Bakula Rimpochee Airport in Leh is the closest airport. If travelling by railway, take a train to Tawi. choose a comprehensive Ladakh Travel Package that will make sure all this is arranged in the best way.
Buses and taxis are widely available at the train station and the airport. The option is also to take a bus via Srinagar or Manali to reach Ladakh by road.
8. Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir
Srinagar, frequently referred to as "Heaven on Earth," is situated in Jammu & Kashmir on the shores of the Jhelum River. On Dal Lake, Srinagar is famous for its stationary houseboats and gondola-style rowboats known as Shikaras. With its calm Dal Lake and Nigeen Lake, Srinagar is a wonderful place for honeymoons and family vacations. If you plan one for your family or loved ones, you can opt for Srinagar tour packages.
- Places to visit: Visit Aru Valley, Nigeen Lake, Dachigam National Park, Mughal Gardens, and the Indira Gandhi Memorial Tulip Garden in Srinagar. If you want to ensure you get all these places, Srinagar travel packages are your go-to option.
- Things to do: Visit Shankaracharya Temple to seek blessings, shop like a local, wonder at the Hazratbal mosque, and stay on a beautiful houseboat.
- How to get there: Srinagar can easily be reached by air due to its international airport, Sheikh ul Alam. This airport is only 15 kilometres from the major city, and buses and taxis may transport passengers between the two. The closest railway stations are Jammu Tawi and Udhampur for those travelling by train. Aside from that, Sringara has a highly connected roadway system connecting to the nation's major cities.
9. Small Vagator, Goa
Goa is one of the most frequently visited destinations to visit in India in December. During this month, the Goa casinos became even wilder, earning the city the nickname "Las Vegas of India." The nicest feeling you can get around New Year's is the fireworks and trance soundtrack with sand touching your toes! If you have already decided to visit there, you can opt for Goa tour packages.
The destination has everything you might want for a wild Christmas and the start of the new year.
- Famous Goa Tourist Places To Visit: Baga Beach, Dudhsagar Waterfalls, Fort Aguada, Anjuna Beach, Basilica of Bom Jesus, and vibrant night markets for an unforgettable Goan adventure.
- How to Get There: Goa has an extensive network of aeroplanes, railroads, and roadways that link it to the country's major cities. Goa has two airports, Dabolim and Margao, with cabs and local buses, making getting to the main city considerably easier.
- Things To Do In Goa: Purchase spices, cashew nuts, wooden furniture, handicrafts, and feni from Mapusa Market, Anjuna Flea Market, Calangute Market Square, Panjim Market, and Mackie's Night Bazaar.
Read More - 40 Best Beaches in Goa: Sun, Sand, and Serenity
10. Kovalam Beach, Kerala
Kovalam Beach's gorgeous seas are ideal for relaxing and trying out adventurous sports. The beach is around 16 kilometres from Kovalam and is perfect for swimming and watching gorgeous sunsets. The cold month of December is an excellent time to visit the magnificent beaches with Kerala holiday packages and swim in the warm waters of the Arabian Sea.
- Places to visit: Visit Hawah Beach, Vellayani Lake, Lighthouse Beach, and the Kovalam Art Gallery.
- Things to Do: Go on a trip to explore the town. Spend a night on a houseboat - it's an unforgettable experience. Try adventure sports like that one aquatic sport you've always contemplated. Experience all of these and even more with the help of Kerala travel packages.
- How to Get There: The closest airport to Kovalam is Trivandrum International Airport, which has excellent connections with the country's major cities and other parts of the world, and the closest train stop is Trivandrum Central Railway Station. Those who desire to go to the beach by road can take a bus or cab from the airport, railroad, or other cities in the nation.
11. Wayanad, Kerala
Are you looking for great December vacation spots in South India? This lush haven is nestled among the stunning Western Ghats mountains. The culture, heritage, woodlands, food, and inhabitants of Wayanad are all fantastic. Numerous trekking trails and bird-watching locations draw visitors from all around India.
Wayanad is a true paradise ready to be found by nature lovers and adventure enthusiasts, which makes it one of the most beautiful destinations to visit with Wayanad tour packages in December.
- Places to visit: Meenmutty Waterfalls, Kuruva Dweep Islands, Chembra Peak, and Phantom Rock are all worth seeing.
- Things to do: Activities include visiting the Banasura Sagar Dam, the Edakkal Caves, the Wayanad Wildlife Sanctuary, and ziplining.
- How to Get There: The closest airport to Wayanad is Calicut Airport, around 65 kilometres away, and the closest train station is Kozhikode. Hire a taxi or take a local bus to get to Wayanad from the airport or railway station.
Read More - Kerala Tourism: Why Is It So Famous?
12. Tawang, Arunachal Pradesh
Tawang, in the state of Arunachal Pradesh, is one of India's most picturesque places, and as such, it attracts many visitors throughout the year. If you are going to be one of them, you can search for Tawang Tour Packages for a better travel experience. This hill town is known for its gorgeous surroundings and is home to some notable Buddhist monasteries. A journey to this location and a favourable climate makes for a wonderful combination of a relaxing and delightful vacation.
Those who desire to participate in the Torgya festival can go to Tawang in December or January for the Losar Tibetan New Year festivities. It is one of the best spots in India's northeast region in December.
- Places to visit: Thingbu Hot Spring, Sela Pass, Shonga-Tser Lake, Gorsam Chorten, and Pankang Teng Tso Lake are all worth seeing. If you want to take advantage of these, opt for Tawang Travel Packages.
- Things to do: Explore the beauty of Gorichen Peak, Taktsang Gompa, and Sela Pass, and Walk around Madhuri Lake.
- How to Get There: The closest airport to Tawang is 387 kilometres away in Tezpur, and the closest train station is 383 in Rangapara. Travelling by road from the airport or train station to Tawang is possible by renting a cab or boarding a coach.
13. Udaipur, Rajasthan
Udaipur, located in the southernmost section of Rajasthan, is encircled by the Aravalli Mountains and is rich in scenic beauty. Maharana Udai Singh II established it as the Mewar Kingdom's embryonic capital in 1559. Udaipur is conveniently linked to other regions of India by rail, air, and road.
You can also book the Udaipur 3 Night 4 Day Package or Udaipur 2 night 3 days package which is the most popular and best-selling among travellers. Explore majestic palaces, serene lakes, and vibrant culture on this unforgettable journey. Book now!
Unlike other sections of Rajasthan, Udaipur exudes tranquillity. It blends royal majesty, steep slopes, and magnificent panoramas away from the metropolitan fuss. If you are looking for these options in your itinerary, you can opt for Udaipur tour packages.
- Places to visit: Udaipur attractions include Dhebar Lake, Nakki Lake, Haldighati, and the Hawa Mahal.
- How to Get There: Udaipur has an airport and a railway station that links well with the country's major cities. Journey to Udaipur by road by a hired cab, private vehicle, or local bus that travels routinely from major towns such as Delhi, Jaipur, Chandigarh, and others. If you need a hassle-free journey, you can avail of the Udaipur travel packages.
Also Book - A Kashmir tour package from Hyderabad
14. Cherrapunjee, Meghalaya
The picturesque Cherrapunjee, situated in the heart of Meghalaya, was once named the "wettest place on Earth" by the Guinness Book of World Records. This breathtaking site features steep valleys, foaming rivers, mysterious clouds, and rainfall measured in feet. Cherrapunjee, untouched by urbanisation, is home to abundant fascinating views and natural wonders, unlike those found anywhere else. Cherrapunjee Glacier, nestled in the picturesque North East region of India, offers a stunning natural spectacle. Explore Cherrapunjee, India's rainfall capital, with the best North East tour packages. Discover breathtaking waterfalls, lush green landscapes, and living root bridges. Immerse yourself in the rich culture of the Khasi tribe while enjoying the scenic beauty of this enchanting destination. Book your adventure today!
- Places to visit: Cherrapunjee attractions include the Double Decker Living Root Bridge, Mawsmai Cave, Nohkalikai Waterfalls, and Dainthlen Waterfall.
- Things to do: Activities in Cherrapunjee include Admire the splendour of the renowned waterfalls, learning about tribal life in Mawsynram, exploring the underground in Mawsmai Cave, and visiting Echo Park to see Meghalaya's stunning landscapes and Khasi monoliths.
- How to Get There: After arriving in Shillong by air or train, take a local vehicle, private cab, or one of the local deluxe coaches that cover the trip between Guwahati and Shillong.
15. Neil Island, Andaman
Neil Island is one of India's tiny islands in the Bay of Bengal that holds the mysteries of the Andaman Islands. It is a must-see for travellers due to its coral reefs and stunning scenery. Neil Island has a serene atmosphere that captures the essence of nature. You can also book separate Port Blair tour packages if you want to explore only Port Blair due to the lack of timing.
One can relax or take lengthy walks on this Island's lovely beach. Neil is quite small and only requires a little of a traveller's time to explore fully. You can opt for Andaman and Nicobar tour packages to get the whole essence of the paradise.
- Places to visit: The top attractions on Neil Island are Laxmanpur Beach, Bharatpur Beach, Sitapur Beach, and Neil Island Jetty.
- Things To Do In Andaman: Cycling, Sports Fishing, Snorkeling and diving, Jungle trek.
- How to Get There: Neil Island is easily accessible by air and water. Best Andaman tour packages will arrange all of this on your behalf. To reach Neil Island directly, board an early-morning boat from Port Blair or cruise from significant towns such as Chennai and Kolkata.
Also Book - Andaman tour packages from Hyderabad
16. Jaisalmer, Rajasthan
Jaisalmer is an important part of Rajasthan's tourism scene. It is popularly known as the Golden City due to its abundant gold-coloured dunes and castles made with golden sandstones. It is situated in the northwest region of the Indian State.
Lagoons, Jain temples, and magnificent havelis beautify the city. Jaisalmer is also known for its unusual desert safaris. The city provides nice lodgings in the centre of the enormous Thar desert and many adventurous activities to ensure an amazing experience. You can avail of the cheapest Rajasthan tour packages to have a trip to remember in this beautiful location.
- Places to visit: Jaisalmer attractions include the Gadisar Lake, Jaisalmer Fort, and Patwon Ki Haveli.
- Things to do: Shopping and sightseeing are among the activities available in Jaisalmer.
- How to Get There: Jodhpur is the closest airport to the city, which requires a taxi ride. The city is very well connected by road to numerous states. Along with this, some of the most well-known trains that connect to the location are the Jodhpur Jaisalmer Express and the Jaisalmer Express.
Also Book - Goa tour package from Kolkata
17. Alleppey, Kerala
Alleppey, known for its serene backwaters, offers a romantic escape for couples on a budget. Explore its lush landscapes and houseboat stays, perfect for honeymoon destinations in India in low budget.
Alleppey, often known as the Venice of the East, is one of the most gorgeous places in Kerala, surrounded by the Laccadive Sea. This location is certainly a wonderland, known for its gorgeous palm-fringed canals known as the backwaters and the restorative Ayurvedic resorts. Alleppey is particularly famous for its gorgeous houseboats that take visitors to the backwaters.
- Places to visit: Alleppey attractions include Marari Beach, Alappuzha Beach, and Pathiramanal Island.
- Things to do: Sightseeing
- How to Get There: The closest airport to Alleppey is Cochin International Airport, which has its own rail station. It is also accessible by car.
Read More - 30 best places to visit in rainy season in India
18. Gokarna, Karnataka
Gokarna is a Hindu pilgrimage town in Karnataka, known for its beautiful beaches and breathtaking landscapes. You can opt for Karnataka tour packages to get there in the coming December. Gokarna, located on the Karwar coast, is great for beach-goers and hippies. The area is also noted for its outside-the-city beaches, such as Om and Kudle.
- Places to visit: Gokarna attractions include Koti Teertha, Kudle Beach, Sri Mahabaleshwara Swami Temple, and Om Beach.
- Things to do: Activities in Gokarna include participating in exciting water activities and rides with friends and family, going dolphin-spotting at Paradise Beach, renting a car for picturesque drives in and around Gokarna, and paying homage to the Gods and Goddesses in this temple. You can take a look at the best Karnataka travel packages if you wish to spend some time in the other destinations of Karnataka along with Gokarna.
- How to Get There: The closest airport is Dabolim in Goa, 140 kilometres away. The nearest rail station is 20 kilometres away in Ankola.
19. Pondicherry, Tamil Nadu
As it is known locally, Pondy is one of India's seven Union Territories and a former French colony. The area is recognised for its lovely lanes lined with French Quarter, mustard-yellow historical structures, and massive walls covered in bougainvillaea. Additionally, several lovely cafes and stores offer a taste of French culture. If you have already decided to visit Pondicherry, you can consider Pondicherry tour packages.
Experience its French colonial charm, pristine beaches, and spiritual aura. Don't miss out on Tamil Nadu tour packages that can seamlessly combine Pondicherry with nearby attractions, offering a diverse and enriching cultural experience.
- Places to visit: Pondicherry attractions include the Sacred Heart Basilica, Sri Aurobindo Ashram, and the Pondicherry Museum.
- Things to do: Sightseeing and exploring cafes are the best in Pondicherry.
- How to reach: The closest airport is Chennai International Airport, which is a distance of 135 kilometres away. For a hassle-free trip, you can choose Pondicherry travel packages.
20. Nainital, Uttarakhand
Nainital, often known as the "Jewel of Uttarakhand," is one of Uttarakhand's most picturesque hill stations, located in the foothills of the Kumaon mountains. Nainital, located at an elevation of 1938 metres, is well-known for the Naini Lake, which has become one of the area's most popular attractions.
In addition, it is regarded as one of the greatest spots to visit in India in December with Nainital tour packages. The British-founded highland station resembles the Cumbrian Lake District.
- Places to visit: Nainital attractions include Tiffin Top, Naini Lake, the GB Pant High, and Altitude Zoo. You can visit all of them and have a spectacular experience with Nainital travel packages.
- Things to do: Activities in Nainital include shopping, sightseeing, and boating.
- How to Get There: The closest railhead from Nainital connects to the major towns is the Kathgodam railway station. Pantnagar, 70 kilometres from the hill station, is the closest airport.
Also Book - Goa packages from Hyderabad
21. Sikkim, India
In the nation's northeastern region, Sikkim is one of the Best Places To Visit In December In India. This scenic location is famed for its panoramic vistas and snow-capped mountains. The state is a must-see destination for thrill seekers who enjoy engaging in exciting activities.
You can check out the Best Sikkim tour packages if you are one of them. In addition, it is the home of Kanchenjunga, the world's third-highest mountain. It is undoubtedly one of the top ten places to go to in India in December.
- Places to visit: Visit Ravangla, Pelling, and Lachung in Sikkim.
- Things to do: Activities in Sikkim include trekking, sightseeing with Sikkim travel packages, and shopping.
- How to go There: To go to Sikkim, fly to Bagdogra Airport in Gangtok and then drive the rest. Jalpaiguri and Siliguri are the closest railheads from Sikkim.
22. Rishikesh, Uttrakhand
Rishikesh is a tehsil in Uttarakhand's Tehri, the Garhwal region, directly on the banks of the Ganges, India's holy river. It includes countless mythological and religious traditions about Lord Bharat, Vishnu, and various renowned sages.
Rishikesh, nestled in the Himalayas, is one of the top Bungee Jumping Places in India. Experience thrill and tranquillity in one place at Rishikesh's renowned bungee jumping spot.
Rishikesh's picturesque splendour is enhanced by the Ganges cutting directly through the city, located on the slopes of the steep Garhwal Himalayas. The gorgeous riverside promenades, miles of forests, lush terrain, and pure blue skies give the city a dreamlike image. If you are already considering going there in December, you can opt for Rishikesh tour packages.
Discover the adrenaline-pumping adventure activities in Rishikesh. From white-water rafting and bungee jumping to zip-lining and cliff jumping, Rishikesh offers 25 thrilling experiences for every adventure seeker. Whether you're a novice or a seasoned thrill-seeker, this Himalayan haven has something to satisfy your adrenaline cravings.
- Places to visit: Neer Garh Waterfall, Triveni Ghat, Lakshman Jhula Bridge, Kunjapuri Devi Temple, The Beatles Ashram
- Things To Do In Rishikesh: Rafting, Giant Swing, Flying Fox, Kayaking, Cliff Jumping, Bungee Jumping, Camping, Hot Air Ballooning, experiencing Triveni Ghat Ganga Aarti, visiting Lakshman Jhula. Most of the travellers plan to visit Rishikesh separately, as there are numerous things to do in this place. If you are one of them, you can try out the Best Rishikesh travel packages.
- How to get there: Because Rishikesh doesn't have an airport, you must get to the closest airport in Dehradun if you wish to arrive by plane. Regular flights from Delhi and other locations arrive at Dehradun's Jolly Grant Airport. Rishikesh Train Station, or Rishikesh Junction, is a tiny railway station that links to Haridwar Railway Station via a branch line.
Read More - 30 Best Places For River Rafting in India
23. Coorg, Karnataka
Wake up to the aroma of coffee and take in the scenic grandeur of this misty area of mountains and streams. Coorg lives true to its reputation with an amazing blend of history, adventure, and delectable cuisine. This renowned coffee-producing hill station along the western ghats is well-known for its astounding scenery and wealth.
Nestled in Karnataka, Coorg is one of the Best Hill Stations in India. Known for lush coffee plantations, misty mountains, and serene landscapes, it's a must-visit destination for nature lovers.
From adoring the splendour of this divine destination to a tricky trek or deep insight into the heritage at the Madikeri Fort to the captivating adventure at Abbey Falls or the spicy curry dishes, Coorg will take you to the edge of everything.
- Places to visit: Abbey Falls, Madikeri, Iruppu Falls, Kurchi, Mallalli Falls, Kumaralli Village, Cauvery Nisargadhama, Harangi Dam
- How to get there: Coorg is only accessible by road. Numerous public and private vehicles travel to Coorg from Karnataka's major cities. Coorg lacks a rail station; the closest one is 120 kilometres away in Mysore. The nearest airport is Mangalore (152 kilometres), where travellers can take a taxi or a bus to Coorg.
Read More - What Are The Tourist Attractions In Maldives?
24. Jaipur, Rajasthan
In the eighteenth century, Sawaji Jai Singh founded Jaipur, the capital of Rajasthan, India's largest state. It is a popular tourist site located 268 kilometres from New Delhi and is an essential part of the renowned Golden Triangle tourism circuit.
Jaipur's busy, vibrant streets display a recurring old and new pattern. The city, surrounded by besieged walls and rocky hills, is rich in architectural treasures and regal legacy. Its spacious highways, studded with beautiful statues and stunning palaces, make it part of the Golden Triangle Tourist Circuit.
Experience the vibrant colors and rich history of Rajasthan on a memorable trip to Jaipur! Rajasthan tour packages from Delhi for Delhi people offer a seamless journey to the Pink City.
- Places to visit: Jal Mahal, Hawa Mahal, Albert Hall Museum, Jantar Mantar. Choose the most appropriate Jaipur tour packages, as it will help you visit all these locations.
- Things to do: Visit Amber Fort in Jaipur, walk or cycle to Nahargarh Fort, bask in the grandeur of City Palace with Jaipur holiday packages, and marvel at the timeless beauty of Hawa Mahal. Explore the Jantar Mantar and Capture the Magnificent View of the Jal Mahal.
- How to get there: Sanganer Airport is 10 kilometres from the city centre and contains international and domestic terminals, 7 and 10 kilometres distant, respectively. There are three railway junctions in Durgapura, Gandhinagar, and Jaipur. Jaipur is accessible through NH11, NH8, and NH12.
Read More - Top Places To Visit In Rajasthan in 3 Days
25. Dawki, Shillong
This location in Meghalaya's West Jaintia Hills District is notable for the sparkling Umngot River, surrounded by steep rocks. In December, the temperature decreases to a comfortable range of 12 to 20-degree Celsius, making for a nice sailing experience with the Shillong tour package.
- Places to visit: Dawki attractions include the Umngot River and the Dawki Bridge.
- Things to do: Activities in Dawki include kayaking on the Umngot River or walking across the historic Dawki Bridge.
- How to Get There: Guwahati Airport (195 kilometres) is the nearest airport. Guwahati Railroad Station (170 kilometres) is the nearest train station. Dawki Bus Stop is the closest bus stop. If you want a hassle-free option, opt for the Shillong trip package, to get it all sorted.
Read More - 15 Best Places To Visit In Summer In India
26. Kasol, Himachal Pradesh
The allure of Kasol, Himachal Pradesh, draws travellers from all over the world. This laid-back village, located on the shores of the Parvati River and encircled by the Himalayas, offers a variety of activities. It transforms into a snowy paradise in December, so visit Kasol with Kasol tour packages if you wish to enjoy the cold weather.
- Places to visit: Malana Village, Tosh Village, Kheer Ganga, Chalal Village, Nature Park, and Manikaran Sahib are among the Best Places To Visit In December In India.
- Things to do: Activities in Kasol include the Kheerganga hike, braving the slick paths, sipping hot beverages at comfortable cafes, and indulging in some photography of the snow-capped mountains. Experience all of these with the help of the Kasol trip package.
- How to get there: Bhuntar Airport, thirty kilometres away, is the nearest airport. Joginder Nagar Train Station (144 kilometres) is the nearest train station. Kasol Bus Stand is the nearest bus stop.
Also Book - Manali packages from Mumbai
27. Chikmagalur, Karnataka
Chikmagalur, commonly called the "Coffee Land of Karnataka," is one of the most amazing hill stations in Karnataka, located on the slopes of the Mullayangiri Range. With its many coffee farms, Chikmagalur has a constant aroma of coffee in the air. Chikmagalur, famous for its steep mountains, beautiful green woods, and calm surroundings, is an increasingly popular vacation spot and a fast retreat for Karnataka residents. You can avail the Chikmagalur tour packages for a wholesome trip.
- Places to visit: Baba Budangiri, Bhadra Wildlife Sanctuary, Kudremukh National Park, Mullayanagiri. Whether you are travelling with friends or family, make sure you choose the Chikmagalur trip package wisely to visit all the places successfully.
- How to get there: Chikmagalur is easily accessed by road, with regular buses and taxi services to and from Bangalore. Mangalore Airport is the closest airport. Chikmagalur railway station is the nearest station. There is also a train station in Kadur (40 km away) that travellers can use to visit this city.
Also Book - Kashmir tour packages from Bangalore
28. Munnar, Kerala
Munnar is a charming town and breathtaking hill station in Kerala's Western Ghats. Munnar, located at an elevation of 6,000 feet in the region of Idukki, was the summer retreat of the British authorities during the colonial era. It is one of the most popular tourist attractions in south India due to its clean valleys, terrain, and diverse flora and wildlife. You may choose Munnar tour packages for a trip to remember.
- Places to visit: Atukkad Waterfalls, Echo Point, Munnar tea plantation, Tata tea museum.
- How to get there: The closest airport is at Kochi, 130 kilometres away. Angamal is 120 kilometres distant, Aluva is 100 kilometres away, and Ernakulum railway station in Kochi is 120 kilometres away. Regular public transportation and tourist cabs link Kochi to Munnar. Munnar holiday packages will cover all of these on your behalf.
Read More - 30 Best Places to Visit in September in India
29. Alibag, Maharashtra
Alibag is a small seaside town in the Indian province of Maharashtra, located just south of Mumbai. The town's name translates as "The Gardens of Ali" and implies the fruit orchards created by Ali, an Israelite who lived there during its early days. During British rule in India, the town was considered a significant strategic port due to its handy location by the sea.
Alibag Glacier is not a real geographical feature; there are no glaciers in Alibag, India. It seems like a fictional or mistaken reference. However, if you're interested in Mumbai tour packages, you can explore various options for sightseeing, culture, and cuisine in the vibrant city of Mumbai, offering a rich and diverse travel experience.
Alibaug's attractiveness stems mostly from its beaches, as it is a coastal town. If you want to feel the amazingness of the place, you can opt for the Maharashtra tour packages. The town's clean and amazing beaches are a pleasure, with dazzling golden black sands and crystal blue seas.
- Places to visit: Alibugh Beach, Kolaba Fort, Murud Janjira Fort, Uderi Fort, Sagargad Fort, Versoli Beach.
- How to get there: Alibaug is well-linked to major locations in Maharashtra and throughout the country by rail, road, and ferry. Mumbai and Pune are the two major adjacent cities. Most tourists travel to Alibag from Mumbai by boat from the Mandwa Jetty, which takes around an hour. Alibag is a thirty-minute ride from the Mandwa Jetty. The closest railway stations to Alibaug are Pen and Koha, and the closest airports are Pune and Mumbai.
30. Rann Of Kutch, Gujarat
Kutch, a former royal state of India, is recognised for its one-of-a-kind beauty: vast swaths of white salt desert. The spectacle of the white salty desert, whether day or night, is absolutely out of this world!
If you visit in December, you will undoubtedly love participating in the Rann Festival, which features a variety of cultural programmes as well as adventurous sports like hot air ballooning. You should also explore the historic settlement of the Siyot Caves and Dholavira.
- Places to visit: Kalo Dungar, Great Rann of Kutch, Kandla Port, Topansar Lake, Mandvi Beach, Indian Wild Ass Sanctuary, Aina Mahal, Vijay Vilas Palace, and Bhadreshwar Jain Temple are among the places you can visit in Kutch.
- Things to do: Visit Dholavira, see the historic Siyot Caves, sample local cuisine, and spend time at the Kutch Museum.
- How to Get There: Bhuj Airport (80 kilometres) is the nearest airport. Bhuj Junction, 104 kilometres away, is the nearest train station. Kutch Bus Stand is the closest bus stop.
Also Book - Kedarnath tour packages from Vadodara
Get In Touch With The Best Trip Planner in India
Trip Planners India is an appealing option for visitors looking for a perfect and breathtaking experience, especially while visiting sites to view the top places in India to visit in December and enjoy unlimited travel experiences and cultural discovery.
With their assistance, you can curate a comprehensive vacation package that includes the top destinations to visit in December in India.
Speak with the experts at Trip Planner India to choose the best time to explore the greatest tourist destinations in India in November or December.
Have you already packed all of your stuff? Stop procrastinating and plan a trip to India with your friends and families. The destinations you can visit in India in December are full of welcoming individuals, intricate culture and heritage, and unforgettable experiences you will remember for the rest of your life.
1. Which region of India is the best to visit in December?
Western and Southern India may be the finest areas to visit in December. There are various tourist attractions in both of these places. However, the temperatures are high in the summer, while there is too much rainfall during the rainy season. During December, the climate is ideal for taking a thorough trip.
2. Which are the most romantic destinations to visit in December?
There are numerous destinations for couples to visit in December. Coorg in Karnataka, Munnar in Kerala, Manali in Himachal Pradesh, and Pondicherry in Tamil Nadu are all worth a visit. Rajasthan also has some of the Best Places To Visit In December In India, such as Jaisalmer and Udaipur.
3. Do landslides occur in hilly areas of India during the winter?
Landslides have occurred in Sikkim, Himachal Pradesh, and North Eastern India due to heavy rains. However, this is usually during the late summer time and rainy season. Landslides are less likely in December.
4. How to explore the all famous places of Himachal in December?
You can book the Best Himachal Tour Packages if you want to cover all places of Himachal in a short period of time. You can also book customised packages for Himachal as follows: